internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:17:48 -0500

Oh don't get me wrong, I've opened my iMac many times, including once
just to go in there with a magnifying glass -- I just mean that
Apple's "target market" no mean "slashdot geek" (or similar varietal).

Geeks like myself on the Apple side of the fence tend toward software
tweaking instead of hardware tweaking in my experience. It's much
safer and more stable to try out just about anything on a mac than a
windows pc -- I'm not including linux specifically because that's
Apples and oranges imo, but of course you can run linux on apple
hardware too.

Evan

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:08:21 -0500, Bill Geschwind
<geschwin AT email.unc.edu> wrote:
> Where is the geekiness in _not_ wanting to open your computer???

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com