internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Apple goes for market share
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:57:11 -0500

From Henry Norr's report on Macintouch (http://www.macintouch.com/mwsf2005notebook.html)

" 1. Apple "does not recommend" that users upgrade the memory themselves - you're supposed to have a service provider do it if you want to add more after purchase - but doing it yourself does not void the warranty unless you damage something. A booth person told me the memory slot is easily accessible once you get the case open. "

Paul

Someone said from the live news from SF that it was not user
serviceable at all, any upgrades would have to be done by apple or an
authorized place... but i think you could probably get it open anyway

~ian

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:25:33 -0500, Tanner Lovelace