internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] roll call

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lee Haslup <biglee AT haslups.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] roll call
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:35:22 -0500

OK, I'll try to be serious...

What is your name?

Allen L (BigLee) Haslup

Where do you live?

On the Apex side of Cary.

What do you do?

Software developer (Java/J2EE). Once and future development team leader. Currently I am working as a contractor at RailInc on a system that manages alerts from under-track detectors that tell when a railcar has a defective wheel.
What do you /really/ do?

I divide my time so fairly among a bewildering array of hobbies that it is difficult to pick out any of them to mention here. I have two open-source projects on Sourceforge. I am on the board of directors of the Triangle Java User's Group. I like to cook and I collect songs about food. I like films, esp. science fiction, fantasy, and mindless "guy" films with car chases and helicopter crashes. I generally try to see most films at the second-run theater because I am a cheapskate. (I miss the Blue Ridge terribly and can't wait for them to re-open after their fire.) The last few weeks I have been doing the "pub quiz" at the Hibernian in Cary on Tuesday nights (one win, two ties for second.) I could use some more people on my team (currently me and my wife, Irene). My current team name is "The Boast of Christmas Pissed." but that may be seasonal. I am considering "Norman Conquest -- 1066 (With Coupon.)" after Christmas.

What is your quest?

To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

This is my quest, to follow that star ...

Wait!... Sorry... That's not *my* quest. It's Joe Darion's quest. My bad.

My quest is to try to be serious...
No matter how hopeless...
No matter.

What is your favorite color?

Crater Lake Blue (just a shade darker and more saturated that Maxfield Parrish Blue.)

Thanks in advance for your enthusiastic participation!

Your're welcome, I'm sure.

BigLee