internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Marry A Canadian

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Marry A Canadian
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:33:02 -0500

On 11/9/04 9:51 AM, "Tarus Balog" <tarus AT opennms.org> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2004, at 9:37 AM, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
>
>> Canada [snip] and we don't like guns.
>
> Not true. Canada and the US share about the same amount of gun
> ownership per capita, it's just that those weapons are for killing
> deer, not people (there are stronger controls on hand guns and assault
> weapons).

Isn't it terrific that the Canadians found a way to make a rifle capable of
downing a 300lb deer, or 800lb bear ineffective against a human target,
while in the US, gun opponents are working to get off the street rifles
chambered for a cartridge originally designed for stopping "varmints."

I hate to break it to you, but getting shot with a deer rifle will really
ruin your day. Weather a gun is for hunting animals or people is based on
the intent of the user, not the marketing material packaged with the
firearm.

David