internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Marry A Canadian

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Marry A Canadian
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:42:19 -0500

On 11/9/04 2:21 PM, "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com> wrote:

>>> Not true. Canada and the US share about the same amount of gun
>>> ownership per capita, it's just that those weapons are for killing
>>> deer, not people (there are stronger controls on hand guns and assault
>>> weapons).
>

> Since you used the term, please define what an assault weapon is and how it
> is different from other weapons.

Come on Shea, you know the difference--"assault weapons" are the kind you
would use to assault a person with, as opposed to "hunting" weapons, that
you hunt with.

It is sort of like buying a baseball bat. If you want to play baseball, you
would purchase a sporting model, whereas if you wanted to do some "debt
collection," you would buy an assault model. The difference is assault bats
are black--making them far more menacing looking. If you showed up to
collect with a normal bat, they may not give you the time of day, but if you
show up with the assault bat, they will know you mean business.

David