internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Don't apologize for me, arrogant-R-us

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: rua AT mindspring.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Don't apologize for me, arrogant-R-us
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:53:17 -0500

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, someone who puts blind
faith in a canidate for no reason other than its who their pastor,
family, whatever told them to vote for, is ignorant and backwards. I
don't care if they're a democrat, a republican, a libertarian, a
green, whatever.

The fact is most people, especially in the red states, don't vote with
their brains, they vote with their bibles, or whatever else symbolizes
their ignore-the-fact beliefs.

Anyone who can look at the current state of this country, even if you
take out things that could be attributed to non-presidential factors
(eg: the dot com bust and resulting economic slowdown), anyone who can
look at a president who has brazenly and openly lied to the people and
sent 1500 troops to their death for who-knows-what reason, is
backwards, ignorant, stupid, confused, or some combination of the
above.

People say they support Bush on abortion. Has he done anything to try
to stop it? Plenty of raving, vocal liberals would lead you to believe
that he has, but in fact, he hasn't done anything about it. Not to say
he won't if he gets the chance, but for something that is so important
to that portion of voters, they are so blinded by their passion for
that issue that they don't recognize the President's inaction, and the
fact that abortions are UP since he took office.

I can honestly say that I have *never* met a Bush supporter who has
been able to give me a solid reason for supporting him. Sure, things
like "killin terraists" and "stoppin' the baby killers" may sound
good, but he hasn't delivered on either of those, or hasn't to the
level he should, or claims to have.

Well, I think I'll step off my soapbox and go put on my nomex
underwear for this one

~Ian