internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] US Election results sorted by average state IQ

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] US Election results sorted by average state IQ
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:34:31 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Lee Haslup wrote:

->Gore voters were smarter. It was a hoax then and it is still a hoax.
->The author of the book cited has expressly denied that the data ever
->came from his book. The bit about the Economist and the St. Petersburg
->Times is true but that says more about the fact checking of those
->organizations than it does about George Bush or the IQ of his supporters.

I met the "guy down the street" from us who had 2 signs in his yard: one
Bush-Cheney, the other Kerry-Edwards. I was out walking the dog and met
him when he was out on his stoop. I asked him about it and he said that he
and his roommate put them up to give equal time to the candidates they
support. He said his was the Bush-Cheney sign. My friends Michael and
Richard had come over a week or so before and counted the Kerry-Edwards
signs coming up Wade Ave to my house and found there were more than the
Bush-Cheney signs (not an all-encompassing statistic, but something
interesting to do on a drive). The guy down the street said, "Yeah, I
mean, you expect to find more liberals in urban areas - you know, they're
better educated." So wtf does that have to say for himself - that he has
less of an education, so therefore votes Republican?

Anyhow. An interesting anecdote. Hope he's happy now. Sorry about that cup
of sugar, bub, not from my house.

Cheers
KJ