internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] stretching definitions doesn't help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] stretching definitions doesn't help
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:00:17 -0400

On 10/19/04 4:34 PM, "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:

>> who shared their intel that M16 believed? the CIA
>
> MI6 doesn't do their own intelligence anymore?

Yes, they share intelligence. For example, the "notorious 16 words" from
Bush's 2003 State of the union regarding Uranium from Africa were attributed
to the British Government (presumably MI6), not the CIA.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030128-19.html

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought
significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

>> whose leaders were appointed by this president? the CIA
>
> George Tenet was appointed by Bush? I don't think so.

As far as I understand it, the DCI (Director of Central Intelligence) serves
at the whim of the President. While Tenet was first appointed by the
previous administration, he could have been booted with the rest of them in
January of 2001, so Bush, in essence" reappointed him.

David