internetworkers - [internetworkers] stretching definitions doesn't help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: rua AT mindspring.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] stretching definitions doesn't help
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:07:26 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Scott H. Zekanis wrote:

"The picture drawn of Bush as a kidnapper/killer are factual.

Bush invaded Iraq. The people we are fighting in Iraq aren't terrorists, they
are
merely trying to gain control of THEIR country. We are capturing and
taking them off of their native soil. Hence the picture drawn is true. "

On one hand you have someone portrayed as kidnapping a child from a school
playground, covertly, while arranging a false class bell to pull off the
black-ops maneuver against his own citizens.

In the invasion of Iraq, he went with as much public knowledge as there has
ever been in a war. This isn't a kidnapping or murder, it's war. He said for
months what his intentions were, and he followed through on a huge stage. All
Saddam had to do was to turn on the tv and he would see the type of tanks and
armor that was approaching.

You are strettttttttttttchhhhhinng the definition of kidnapping and attacks
against children in our own schools because you disagree with the war in
Iraq. If you don't like the war, that's fine, that OLD news, but to say it
equates with our president kidnapping little Billy just degrades any
intelligent debate. There is no fact to support such a characterization.

Additionally, do you think he wanted all the fighters in Fallujah, or Sadr's
army? No. There is no political gain by fighting those people needlessly; he
wants the Iraqi's to band together, use a system of laws and a constitution
to get their act together, avoid corruption, and move on. Peace would make
him look great, like a hero; fighting is what Bush does not want, but knows
he must do at times. He's not looking for people to kidnap or slaughter, to
avoid a minor embarassment as the joke accuses. He's trying to complete a
job, and the warlords and power hungry clerics know that a stable, democratic
country is contrary to their dreams of power. Strike while the iron is hot,
the saying goes, and that is what the fighters are doing. They are faced with
a window of opportunity, and are fighting to gain control. Has he
underestimated them and made errors, absolutely, but that does not mean he
wants blood, or death, or that he would kill to avoid answering a question.