internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Charity

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Charity
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:02:30 -0400

Personally, I see volunteering at a soup kitchen or for an adult
literacy organization as a very political statement. Heck, these days,
volunteering alone is a political statement. !!

(I urge you and everyone here to commit to volunteering for some cause
or issue you personally feel strongly about, regardless of whether it is
"apolitical" or secular or whatever.)

In "other ideas," the Eno River Association or Triangle Land Conservancy
can always use people, especially if you can do trail work.