internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:05:21 -0400

On Sep 23, 2004, at 9:52 PM, zman wrote:

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Tom Boucher wrote:
First off, they don't require digital cable. TiVo will record the regular basic cable.

I think what they meant is to get Time Warners DVR you have to have digital cable..

Ah, missed that. Sorry.

Well speaking as a TiVo user who tried one those things are horrid to use and really unreliable as far as recording what they say they will. At least that was the case for us in June of 2003 when we tried one out. My wife told me that I had to get rid of that 'thing' right now after she tried to use it for a few days. Being a huge computer geek I even found the ease of use greatly lacking compared to TiVo.