internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:34:40 -0400

zman wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Tom Boucher wrote:
First off, they don't require digital cable. TiVo will record the regular basic cable.
I think what they meant is to get Time Warners DVR you have to have digital cable....

One issue that seems to be true for any cable system requiring a
set top box is that you can't automatically record multiple channels.
For example, we have digital cable and can only record one channel
if we leave for the weekend. Is it possible with the TWC DVR to
record any channel without having to set the station? (I'm not sure
if the logic in this sentence works, but you probably know what I
mean.) Thanks, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.