internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Durham for the Next Gathering?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Durham for the Next Gathering?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:50:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Simon Spero wrote:
->
->Fowlers closes at 7, but on Fridays a separately registered and
->licensed corporate being arises to take over the deck (ain't NC liquor
->laws great). I assume that it's possible to get the use of the deck
->for other events too.
->
->kelly-jo has been doing photography for them, so she could help.

No, they cut off Team 1512's association a few weeks ago - citing
profitability I believe. (Well gee, if you stayed open an extra hour to
sell beer, food, and such directly to the customers, maybe you'd MAKE MORE
MONEY)

So no, I don't have any affiliation with Fowler's, but if your event would
MAKE THEM MONEY (perhaps on a deck rental fee), they may be interested.

Cheers
KJ

"A photograph is neither taken nor seized by force. It offers itself up.
It is
the photo that takes you. One must not take photos." Henri
Cartier-Bresson
www.hungryphotographer.org || www.ibiblio.org/kelly || kelly<*>unc.edu