internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] heat pump estimates

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] heat pump estimates
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:04:48 EDT

I confess that a word is missing from that sentence. I meant to say that your house can not any cooler than that pipe, but I'm not sure that is the case. The whole thermodynamic cycle is hard to understand, and hard to explain. I'm just glad it happens. In a properly functioning system, the temperature of the one inch pipe reflects  the amount of heating or cooling that is being performed by the system. Today would be a good day to check. Touch the pipe while the system is operating. If it is mearly cool and not cold, and is throbbing, you need freon.

Don