internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] heat pump estimates

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "DanA Wilson" <DanA.Wilson AT bcbsnc.com>
  • To: msmartin AT ccbeunet.br, internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] heat pump estimates
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:28:33 -0400

A 13SEER is a very efficient unit.  For an honest second opinion, call Don Chambers at Comfort Engineers.  His cell number is 422.4590. Tell him Dan Wilson sent you over.

dw

>>> msmartin AT ccbeunet.br 08/12/04 09:25AM >>>
Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you have had new heat pumps installed recently. We
have a 2-unit Carrier system that is now a little over 11 years old.  We had a
company come over to our house yesterday to give us quote on new units, and
I'd like to make sure the price sounds reasonable.

Trane RX12 – SEER 13 – 9.50 HSBP – 1.5 ton -> $ 4,250.00 installed

This estimate is for one unit only, (two would be double that), and does not
include any repiping at all, which would add about $1,000 to $1,200 to the
estimate.

Is this too high, or is it fair?