internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Problem between DSL modem and router

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "'Edward Wesolowski'" <edwes AT idisplay.com>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Problem between DSL modem and router
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:04:03 -0400

I use gas discharge surge protectors on telco lines and a UPS as opposed to
a surge protector on all my infrastructure (PBX, server, router, switch).

Even with a gas discharge surge protector, I had a storm take out a port on
my PBX and really p!ss me off. Sometimes, only Venus and Mars alignment
will protect you.