internetworkers - [internetworkers] Army offers bigger breasts to lure recruits

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Army offers bigger breasts to lure recruits
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:41:43 -0400

Sil Greene wrote:
> michael wrote:
> >
> > Hey, Dave - if you get drafted, will you get a free iPod? I bet it'd
> > drive up their enlistments!
> >

> you only get the free iPod if you enlist before the draft catches up with
> you. conscription isn't voluntary, so there's no reason to offer bribes
> for it.

Forget the iPod. Now you can get breast enlargement for joining the Army.

Bigger Breasts for Free: Join the Army

Thu Jul 22, 9:15 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan
"Be All You Can Be," but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic
surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers' dime.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all
four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements,
liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps
surgeons practice their skills.

"Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible," Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic
surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio told the magazine,
which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding officers to get
the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements
and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the
magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, "the surgeons have to
have someone to practice on."