internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] EPA v. NC (and more)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] EPA v. NC (and more)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:44:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Alan MacHett wrote:
> Agreed. But you can't discount the cars, well, automobiles of all types.
> You can't possibly look at the Beltline and tell me vehicles aren't a
> problem.

Yes but they seem to take the brunt of the heat. I just looked out the
window at the construction across the street, those machines are putting
out some crud. Everytime I see a semi take off at a light. And on the
beltline yeah the 1000 SUV's with a 90lb woman and no one else. Until next
year they are still classified as trucks (farm equipment).

> I'm still curious what utilities or factories are polluting NC. They just
> aren't as visible as rush-hour traffic.
> My father's family is from Chicago. Every time we visited, I could
> *smell* Chicago before I saw it; steel plants and paper mills.

The mountains have been getting a lot blownin from WV and KY. But as for
factories etc. Well they're not all in one place here they seem to be
better hidden. Drive down Old Garner Rd. between Raleigh and Garner. Take
a drive down 87 between Fayetteville and Wilmington. I love the smell
of Pulp Mills inthe morning. There is plenty of pollution going on, it's
just not blatant.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com