internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] EPA v. NC (and more)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] EPA v. NC (and more)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Alan MacHett wrote:
> Someone recently told me that NC doesn't score well on the air pollution
> list. It's hard to imagine when one considers all of our idyllic spaces,
> but then again I suppose one has to consider all the car exhaust in the
> Triangle, the Triad, and Charlotte.

I don't know why everyone always jumps to blame the cars. It has been
prove on more than one occasion that factories and trucks effect the air
quality more than cars. Which of course with the loophole for SUV being
considered trucks doesn't help. Pig farms and the methane they produce.
Don't put the weight on cars. Oh and the fact that off-road and
heavy machinery have no pollution controls.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com