internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] EPA v. NC (and more)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] EPA v. NC (and more)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:22:11 -0400 (EDT)

In reference to zman's message:
> I don't know why everyone always jumps to blame the cars. It has been
> prove on more than one occasion that factories and trucks effect the air
> quality more than cars. Which of course with the loophole for SUV being
> considered trucks doesn't help. Pig farms and the methane they produce.
> Don't put the weight on cars. Oh and the fact that off-road and
> heavy machinery have no pollution controls.

Agreed. But you can't discount the cars, well, automobiles of all types.
You can't possibly look at the Beltline and tell me vehicles aren't a
problem.

I'm still curious what utilities or factories are polluting NC. They just
aren't as visible as rush-hour traffic.

My father's family is from Chicago. Every time we visited, I could
*smell* Chicago before I saw it; steel plants and paper mills.

-Alan