internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] War -n- Such [was: Kerry/Edwards...]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] War -n- Such [was: Kerry/Edwards...]
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 20:27:57 -0400

Alan MacHett wrote:

As justification for invading a country, that is a piss-poor excuse.

I agree. I based my tenative support for the war on that
I originally chose to believe that the President had access to
intelligence that I did not, and that if he believed that Iraq
was an imminent threat, or had WMD, that it was probably true.

In retrospect, I find myself questioning those beliefs.

Anyway, as a Libertarian, I generally support a policy of,
as Mike Badnarik puts it, "national defense, not international
offense." That said however, I would still support war against
a nation who openly supports terrorist groups who attack the US.
For example, I feel the war in Afghanistan was much more justified
than the war in Iraq. While I believe in peace, I am not a
pacifist. I used to be a big WWII history buff, and I recall
what appeasement (of Germany) got the rest of Europe.

Hell, I think the region would be
better off without Ariel Sharon, but we aren't gonna see *that* invasion
in anyone's lifetime. There are plenty of shithead dictators in Africa

True. And I don't support any sort of offensive military action
against any of those. I think the U.S. needs to get out of the
business of trying to police the entire world.

TTYL,

Phil
--
Vote Badnarik for President 2004