internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Outgoing Package Inspections at Post Office

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Outgoing Package Inspections at Post Office
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:56:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, matusiak wrote:
->This may be the case, but I was never offered any Media Mail rate
->(which I assume to be cheaper). Thus, I had to pay "full price" to
->mail my items anyway.

Are you kidding? Do you think they would *offer* you a cheaper rate to
mail your materials? And besides, you said the clerk was new anyhow - she
probably wouldn't have known what media rate was if you asked.

->So, if I'm not reaping the benefits of lower shipping costs, why do
->they want to snoop thru all of my packages? Perhaps this is all
->confusion on the part of a new Postal employee. Or perhaps it is a
->massive conspiracy to read my mail.
->
->I choose conspiracy.

Do you really think your mail is that interesting? ;)

Cheers
KJ