internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] predictive grocery delivery systems. Was: GoogleResponds to Gmail Privacy Concerns

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] predictive grocery delivery systems. Was: GoogleResponds to Gmail Privacy Concerns
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:37:21 -0400

> Several years ago there was a company, I think it was NCR but I can't
> swear to it, that was developing a device that actually came pretty
> close to your nacho replacement system. IIRC it was to be called the
> Microwave Bank. It was in essence a microwave oven with a web interface
> and a barcode reader.

The Internet Refrigerator also went down this road.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/living/home/home_improvement/interior/appliances/4309426.htm

Oh, but it also keeps track of the food you have stored inside and will
alert you when something's about to spoil or when it's time to change the
water filter.
``Until now, the kitchen and home computer were kept in separate rooms in
most households,'' says Simon Kang, president of LG Electronics, a
44-year-old Korean company that entered the U.S. market about three years
ago.