internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] demonstration at the Capitol

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] demonstration at the Capitol
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:23:16 -0500

Sil Greene wrote:

Presumption it may be, but historically the Klan only talks about one thing when they gather as the Klan. In this part of the country, it's fairly well understood that the Klan is not marching in support of (or against) the latest education bond.

If you are calling that historical point of view something other than idiotic, please, by all means, state your case.

No, I agree that historically when the Klan marches they aren't
marching about a school bond. And I've already stated my
disagreement with their message.

But... I would say that history is not necessarily an indicator
of the future - and that applying stereotypes to any individual,
or small subset of a larger group, and judging automatically by
that stereotype with no consideration for the individual, is
a dangerous thing.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org