internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] demonstration at the Capitol

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] demonstration at the Capitol
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:01:02 -0500

on Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:43:12PM -0500, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> Steven Champeon wrote:
> >, and a bunch of idiot
> >Klansmen and Nazis, waving Nazi flags, the Battle flag, and so on, and
> >ranting in high froth about something we couldn't make out.
>
> Wait... you said you couldn't understand what they were complaining
> *about*, but yet you feel the need to deem these people as "idiots?"
> That's a little presumptious, don't you think?
>
> You may or may not agree with their cause, but I can't see how
> you can justify labeling an entire group of people idiots when
> you don't even know what they're issue is.

I see now from the news reports that they apparently blame the "downfall
of America", whatever that means, on "homosexuals, blacks, and Jews".
And here I was, thinking that they might have an ill-founded or
ill-stated case to make.

So. Clearly they must be sensitive, intelligent, thoughtful people, just
trying to do their best to make their way in this world without being
tainted by association with sodomy, melanin, or Christ-denying monotheism.
And who can blame them for that? I'm sorry I said anything, or dared to
impugn the obviously untarnished reputation of these fine, upstanding men
who obviously aren't impaired by fear, hatred, or stupidity.

I do, however, stand by my judgement that you'd have to be an idiot to
wear a white dress and hood while complaining about homosexuals. :)

Anyway, it seems clear that this isn't the forum to discuss the relative
merits of racist, homophobe, sectarian approaches to patriotic uplift. I
was just curious if anyone knew why the hell they chose /Raleigh/ to have
their rally, given that the stupid bastards are from Minnesota.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier