internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] feel like a zoo animal?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] feel like a zoo animal?
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:45:07 -0500

No this gay marriage issue is really not very important to me. I have
plenty of gay friends and I'll discuss it with them but its not in my top
ten list of important issues.

I was offended by your comment regarding race. Your comment albeit a joke
did seem that you were labeling those on the right as racist. You've made
it clear now that you weren't so no worries.

I guess I'm sensitive because I do feel like often times conservatives are
frequently stereotyped as racist, bigoted, sexist, and insensitive to the
poor. Those that proclaim to be open minded and tolerant to all beliefs that
are typically the ones stereotyping conservatives.