internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Sunshine and free comedy (was zoo animal thread)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Sunshine and free comedy (was zoo animal thread)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:31:55 -0500 (EST)

People can hold whatever opinion they want as long as I don't have to hear
about it. <-- true that!

But come on, it's 42 degrees in the AM looking for a high of 67 this
afternoon? Maybe with a little exposure to the sun (and some iced coffee
if you happen to be lucky enough to work near the Daily Grind on UNC
campus - mmm, people watching) folks can just talk about how grand the day
is.

Not that I am trying to PUSH an AGENDA here, but Marga Gomez is going to
be at Duke's Bryan Center tonight, for free. More info below. See you
there (or not! I don't want to hear about it!)

Cheers
KJ

---
Comedian Marga Gomez
Latina Legend & Chick Magnet
Friday, February 20, 7 PM
Von Canon - Bryan Center, Free and open to the public!
Reception to follow in the Multicultural Center - Bryan Center
Free advance tickets available to Duke students, employees and alumni at
the Duke LGBT Center ­ 02 Union Bldg. (Below Duke Card Office ­ West
Campus).
Tickets ensure reserved seating in the front rows.

"A sharp-eyed witty performer" -Chicago Reader
"Deliciously cheeky" -New York Times
"A major talent" -San Francisco Chronicle
"Hilarious" -Los Angeles Times

View and print the poster at
http://lgbt.studentaffairs.duke.edu/programs/margagomezflyer.html

Marga Gomez is a sarcastic Latina legend and chick magnet and one of the
first out lesbian comedians in the country. Her career is profiled along
with Kate Clinton, Suzanne Westenhoeffer and Karen Williams in the new
documentary Laughing Matters . Marga has appeared on HBO's Comic Relief ,
Showtime's Latino Laugh Festival, Comedy Central's Out There , and PBS In
Life. This openly gay, fierce, funny and foxy comedian has performed for
thousands in concert halls, colleges, clubs, festivals and rallies all
over the country and on the high seas. With devastating one-liners,
fabulous characterizations, political satire and a pinch of smut, Marga
aims her comedy at everyone regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation,
or hairstyle.

CHANGE IS VALUABLE WHEN THE OPPRESSED BECOME TYRANTS
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu