internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Marriage and religion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Marriage and religion
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:09:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Alan MacHett wrote:
->A: I disagree with KJ; I believe that religious reasons/explanations for
->marriage precede economic/state/secular reasons, though not by much. One

Man - hunter. Woman - gatherer. Tribe dynamics dictate the two genders
make a household. This is not indicative of religion swaying the masses,
it was a matter of survival and therefore independent of that (though
eventually everything gets tangle in religion).

But you're talking to an old school atheist here, so.

Cheers
KJ

CHANGE IS VALUABLE WHEN THE OPPRESSED BECOME TYRANTS
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu