internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Handyman Services

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Handyman Services
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:58:42 -0500

I used Acme once (ONCE!) for an A/C repair in Durham a couple of years
ago, and I cannot recommend them. The repairman spent much more time
trying to sell me a (very overpriced!) maintenance contract than he did
fixing my A/C, I have been receiving junk mail from them ever since, the
repair was expensive, and he never found the underlying cause of the
problem (which Lee Air Conditioning did the following year). I don't
know if Lee does plumbing in addition to Heating and A/C, but if they
did, they would be the first ones I would call. For plumbing I have used
Roto Rooter a couple of times. They guys they sent were rather grumpy,
did a decent job, and the repairs were a bit pricey. If I can't find
anybody better by the next time that I need plumbing done, I will call
them again, since at least their work is dependable.

- Bill