internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Satellite Connections

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ken Pugh <kpughmisc AT pughkilleen.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Satellite Connections
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:23:13 -0500

I know someone who's tried satellite. They're up in Maine. The connection works fine if nobody else is on. It bogs down to less than dialup speed in the middle of the day.

Cable has the same problem when there are lots of connections on a trunk, but it's probably much less noticeable since the total bandwidth is a lot higher.

Ken