internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Mail help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Mail help
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:04:30 -0500

On Dec 16, 2003, at 11:20 AM, Tarus Balog wrote:

On Dec 16, 2003, at 9:48 AM, Michael Best wrote:

I've had similar problems in Outlook. Here's what I do.

Now, I know this does not particularly help you with replying to list
messages and I have no idea why Mac Mail cannot figure out this
mystery. Instead, I have to be neurotic enough to examine the sending
account for each message and choose wisely from the Account options
before hitting send. But, yes - it is annoying to get those bounces
from lists and have to re-send.

I'm running Mail.app on Panther, and I do not have this issue. I subscribe to a number of mailing lists under different accounts, and when I reply it automatically selects the account it was sent to.

Listen to Tarus! He is correct about this feature working in Panther. I just tested it on my Panther laptop and for each list, it chose the correct address. Go figure!

Technology these days... changing at the speed of light.
d.m.