internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Mail help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: James Dasher <jdasher AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Mail help
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:36:41 -0500

Tarus Balog wrote:

The signature file, on the other hand, remains the default. That, and the inability to unsubscribe to IMAP mailboxes, are my only two complaints with Mail.app.

If you're complaining about what I think you're complaining about, just run </Library/Scripts/Mail Scripts/Manage SMTP Servers.scpt> to delete excess and unused SMTP servers from Mail's list of possible SMTP servers.

My list had proliferated beyond reason after a DNS transfer (nowhere near Mr. Greene's level of harrassment, though :). After banging my head against the proverbial wall for days, I finally found the answer at an Apple discussion forum.

Why a script, and not an option within the application's configuration options? The mind of Mr. Jobs is difficult to fathom.