internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac Mail help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tarus Balog <tarus AT blast.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac Mail help
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:20:40 -0500

On Dec 16, 2003, at 9:48 AM, Michael Best wrote:

I've had similar problems in Outlook. Here's what I do.

Now, I know this does not particularly help you with replying to list
messages and I have no idea why Mac Mail cannot figure out this
mystery. Instead, I have to be neurotic enough to examine the sending
account for each message and choose wisely from the Account options
before hitting send. But, yes - it is annoying to get those bounces
from lists and have to re-send.

I'm running Mail.app on Panther, and I do not have this issue. I subscribe to a number of mailing lists under different accounts, and when I reply it automatically selects the account it was sent to.

The signature file, on the other hand, remains the default. That, and the inability to unsubscribe to IMAP mailboxes, are my only two complaints with Mail.app.

-T

P.S. When you set up your accounts, make sure that your e-mail address reflects the e-mail use used to subscribe to the list. In other words, if bubba AT mycompany.com is aliased to zeke AT mycompany.com, be sure that both e-mail addresses are listed on the address line in your account set up (separated by spaces). Mail.app has to be able to relate the e-mail from the list to an account.

Tarus Balog Main:
+1 919 545 2553
Blast Internet Services, Inc. Fax: +1
919 542 5955
Email: tarus AT blast.com URL:
http://www2.blast.com/tarus
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481 512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C