internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] trouble transferring domains from Dotster?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] trouble transferring domains from Dotster?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:48:27 -0500 (EST)

.:> Dotster doesn't seem to have a support (phone) number. I do seem to be
.:> getting "quick" (read: next-business-day-or-two) responses from the
.:> support website, though.
.:
.:Their "listed" (ie, in the phone book) number is (360)253-2210.

Some progress: Tech support gave me the same number to call. I haven't
called yet, as they also gave me something to try: disabling an account
feature called Transfer Notifications. This seems to be a
(malfunctioning?) part of the automated system that is supposed to
ping my email address for approval.

I thought the email ping was part of the security of the transfer
process. Maybe you only have to do it on one end, but i expected a
ping from both companies.

So one domain transferred earlier today, and the other is still pending.
Hopefully this is resolved, and I can say good things about their
customer support folks.

(OK, I can say those anyways. Response time was usually next business
day, never more than two, and beyond the initial response [unhelpful links
into their help files] they were knowledgeable and helpful. Bravo!)

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)