internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] trouble transferring domains from Dotster?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] trouble transferring domains from Dotster?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:02:40 -0500 (EST)

Dotster doesn't seem to have a support (phone) number. I do seem to be
getting "quick" (read: next-business-day-or-two) responses from the
support website, though.

Thanks for the p.s., it's helpful to know that's normal. I do kind of
expect a contact, if only to say 'yes, I did authorize this'. *shrug*

I'll let you know how it turns out.
--Sil

Reported 03.12.09 12:30 from David R.Matusiak:

.:Sil --
.:
.:sorry to hear about your troubles both with Dotster and the
.:transferring of your domains. It must be quite frustrating to have
.:them in some ambiguous state. Anyway, I just wanted to re-iterate what
.:you may already know. Namely, that GoDaddy guarantees your transfer or
.:your money back. I made the same switch you are doing now years ago
.:and I have been a very happy GoDaddy customer. (Their spam is much
.:less frequent and you can tell them "No, thanks.")
.:
.:I would say your best bet is to continue attempting the transfer, using
.:phone calls to both sides to your advantage. It will be a chore, no
.:doubt, but hopefully you will be successful in moving your domains. It
.:sounds like Dotster has some sort of "lock" on those domains,
.:potentially related to the credit card not being on file. Try calling
.:their support number and after going thru the motions with First-level
.:support, ask for a manager or administrator. Then let them know the
.:troubles you are having and that they need to deliver a resolution to
.:you.
.:
.:Altho it may be hard to do considering the trouble you've been thru,
.:use "The Power of Nice" to your advantage. You are still a customer
.:and it is still their obligation to help you. Best of luck!
.:
.:dave m.
.:
.:p.s. No one ever "contacted me" regarding the transfers, they "just
.:went thru." So your old contact info may not be the issue.
.: