internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] email scams

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Simon Spero <ses AT unc.edu>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] email scams
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:34:43 -0500

Thomas Beckett wrote:
I was told by the U.S. Secret Service agent in Raleigh that the latest pattern with the 4-1-9 scammers is to convince the victim that they need to travel to Europe or even Africa with a modest good-faith payment in order to receive the big funds.  And that is when they mug and roll the victim, taking the money, the ID, and the bank account number.
Don't forget - this is Amsterdam we're talking about. Just make a few arrangements with some South Africans via Tel Aviv.
 Have an escort waiting both inside and outside Schipol, then put a 187 on the 419ers and take whatever they've been able to scam from any other marks.
.