internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Local NPR advertising to get rid of YOUR job

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Local NPR advertising to get rid of YOUR job
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:38:04 -0400 (EDT)

.:Keane is running little promotional spots
.:offering to move IT jobs to "near shore" or "offshore":

I've heard them once or twice. I get "offshore", but what's "near shore"?

Is that where you rent an old cruise ship or decommissioned aircraft
carrier, park it in international waters just off Wilmington, and fill it
with your IT workers of choice? NearShore: All the benefits of offshore,
plus your onshore staff won't waste their trips with touristy stuff.

--sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)