internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another take on a new website..

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: machett AT ibiblio.org, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another take on a new website..
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:02:33 -0400

well, for now its just kidnda a thig for me, kinda like a blog, but not quite...

the hopeful extension of this would be something that I can implement for the Habitat For Hunamity website in my home county (Harnett County) so they can easily add news stories to their website just by emailing them to the "update" address

the "board" if you will would be public, but the address used to post to it private

I just want it to take the email, pull the body out of it, fetch the time and date, and add "Posted by $SENDER at $TIME, $DATE" to the top of it, and add it to the beginning of a bare bons HTML file that is the center frame (all the images for the rest of the page and all are in other frame(s) for simplicity of this file.

Does that make sense? I hope I described it understandably...

Ian