internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] CDs that are missing from your collection

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] CDs that are missing from your collection
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

.:FYI- I had a friend who misplaced or somehow lost an entire CD collection in
.:a move. Over 300 CD's. He made a claim to his renter's insurance, and they
.:replaced the CD's. Basically gave him a catalog and said "pick 300" and had
.:them shipped.

This is an *excellent* point. It's likely that most folks with renters'
or homeowners' insurance can make this sort of claim.

Most policies would have a deductible of some size, but aren't
deductibles one-shots? Ie, if I make a claim and pay the deductible, my
next claim isn't subject to deductible?

So whoever it was who lost 20 cds earlier, you might consider making such
a claim. If your deductible is low enough, you won't pay much; and
regardless, your next claim skips the deductible.

Just an idea, YMMV. But let me know if my insurance knowledge is missing
something...

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)