internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CDs that are missing from your collection

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <daerid AT io.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CDs that are missing from your collection
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:34:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi,
>
> Let me propose the following exciting topic for our list. I'm really
> hoping that people will participate -- esp. those that usually come to
> gatherings but missed last month's. For such people, this is a chance to
> maintain your INW status.
>
> When you are looking at your CD collection, are there any CDs that
> aren't there but you wish were? I'm interested to know what CDs you
> consider are missing from your CD collection.
>
> Cheers!

I am missing something (not sure what) by Elvis Costello, and much to my
chagrin, whatever album of the late great Johnny Cash has "Ring of Fire"
on it. Those are both things I feel like I "should" have on my shelves.

I'm also missing "Comfort Eagle," Cake's last album, which I have heard
but not yet purchased. And the last two (or maybe three?) Beck albums
seem to have not yet found their way to my shelves. These are more like
"I have heard them and really like them, but haven't made room in the
purchase priority list yet..."

And finally, not on my CD shelf yet because I don't think it's quite out
is the new album by P.G. Six, which I was turned onto by the vinyl 45
release of "Old Man on the Mountain" either late last year or early this
year. I went so far as to buy the vinyl and burn an audio CD of it, I
liked it so much. The B side "High, Low and In-Between" is a really
excellent song, but I've read that it won't make the CD. Which makes me
doubly glad I made the effort to buy the vinyl single, in spite of my
opinion that it's archaic, dark-ages technology.

Lyman
--
Zim! There's a pigeon on your head. You have headpigeons. Get to the nurse
before they spread to the other children.