internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] scotch (was many other topics)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] scotch (was many other topics)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:04:34 -0400

We would be soooo up for that! We used to have a "collection" of over 50 single malt scotches, many of which were only available in Scotland. And one only available in Japan. So I have to say that the only way to go is to try and try and try. Believe it or not, I used to like both Laphroig and Lagavulin, but after tasting more and more whiskys, my taste matured into mellower, more complexly flavored drinks. And adding water is more than acceptable, especially if you can get water from the same spring the whisky was made from. :)

The best tasking usually tries it both ways, first unadulterated, then with a little spring water. Some whiskies benefit more than others from water.

Diana
(Scotch snob, but a latterly pregnant and currently breastfeeding one...so missing her scotch something awful)