internetworkers - Re: is it iodine-flavored dirt, or dirt-flavored iodine? (was: Re: [internetworkers] OKto replacelost CD's with copied ones?)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: is it iodine-flavored dirt, or dirt-flavored iodine? (was: Re: [internetworkers] OKto replacelost CD's with copied ones?)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:18:06 -0400

on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:06:20AM -0400, Jim Ray wrote:
> that 63% alcohol cadenhead is the finest of the fine. april 1979 in
> particular.
>
> smokie peatie thingies come next. except for talisker and some more
> esoteric flavors that i've probably never tried, the rest of 'em are for
> those that consider budweiser the king of beers.

Heh. You're killing me here. Any scotch drinker who doesn't like single
barrel small batch bourbon is just kidding himself/herself.

I'll admit I like the less peaty/mossie/dirty/smoky/salty single malts;
Heather's dad is slowly winning me over to them, but Lagavulin is awful.

Now, give me a Glenmorangie or Royal Lochnagar, Dalwhinnie or Knockando,
and I'm happy. But give me a Knob Creek, a Wild Turkey Rare Breed, or
some of that there Woodford Reserve, and you'll never get me off your
porch. :)

PS: confidential to Maria - hey, thanks for not top-posting! ;)

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier