internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Bush the monster?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Bush the monster?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:51:06 -0400

The Electoral College argument is a weak one at best. In the past 200
years there have only been two, arguably three, occasions where they
differed from the popular vote and in those cases it was always a
situation where the popular vote was very, very close.

And if you going to nit pick to that extent, then you should be more
concerned with unelected and unaccountable local officials rendering
decisions on votes that can't be machine read properly. Each election
more than 10 times the number of votes in question in Bush v Gore are
discarded because local officials decide they are incorrect in some way.
In most cases the ballet is wholesale discarded even though it is
perhaps only a single mark that is incorrect. And this doesn't even
include the number of ballets that are simply lost. In NC in the past
few years, thousands of votes have simply been lost.