internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] for the tivio addicted

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT spamcop.net>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] for the tivio addicted
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:28:34 -0400

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 09:29 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:

That is utter bullshit. Television signals are broadcast far and wide and are available for anyone to watch or listen or turn their television off completely. Cable TV signals are paid for by the recipient.

I think every once in a while some television broadcaster lets someone speak that they shouldn't, and something like that is the result. Apparently if you don't sit through the commercials you're stealing. Don't know about you but I remember being a 7 year old kid 'bleeping out the commercials' with our fancy new VCR when Airwolf and Blue Thunder or whatever that Roy Scheider chopper was called movie that went TV with two football players.

even when I'm in a hotel or something with out the benefit, I somehow manage to ignore most commercials. The only time I really watch commercials is on one sunday a year, and then some football game gets in the way :D