internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] addendum to Apple link

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Gina Norman" <gina.norman AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] addendum to Apple link
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:31:56 -0400

Anyway. We attempted to record things. Attempt being the operative word. First off the searching and finding of episodes gave a new meaning to the word 'difficult' and then the fact that it recorded *every* instance of the show or *no* instance of the show.

Ooh, you must not have seen the Series Option choice... in it there are several choices, including:  First Run Only, All Episodes, etc.  You can also choose how many episodes to keep of a given show (keep all, keep until I need space, keep X number, etc.).  They seem to be pretty much the same options as in Jeff's TiVO, you just reach the options in slightly different ways.   As far as searching, the alpha list is somewhat TiVO-like, though I tend to like the "by type/topic" better.  Other than the few shows I mentioned in my last post, I tend to want to grab random movies, and being able to list "All Comedy Movies" helps with that).

Sorry your experience wasn't as positive as mine has been.  Better luck with your TiVO.

-Gina

PS Saw Saving Silverman last night.  Ew.