internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another ATM blue-screened today

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another ATM blue-screened today
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:59:00 -0400

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 04:40 PM, Rebecca O Connell wrote:

Okay, I have to know. How did you get a machine that was broken and had only
a number pad for a keyboard to shut up and give the nice little old lady
back her card?

The problem was the cryptic InternetExplorer dialog had the poor woman so flustered she couldn't do anything. Debug? YES? NO? YES? NO?, wait, maybe its YES? or maybe NO?

The keypad still worked, and hitting the cancel button stopped the beeping and eventually led to her card being ejected.

From now on I'm taking my digital camera on all ATM trips.

On Poetry: People could like daffodils if they wanted to, but should not be allowed
to take up more than a page to say so. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC