internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another ATM blue-screened today

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: thomas AT tbeckett.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another ATM blue-screened today
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:05:24 -0400

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 04:51 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:

So did you in fact debug it, to spare the old ladies the trouble?

I was more interested in helping the poor woman who reminded me of my grandmother. She just stared at the debug dialog until the ATM started beeping really loud because she hadn't done anything in a couple of minutes. The really loud noise was freaking her out, and my main concern was to stop the G*(@&#()@& NOISE! Once the noise stopped she seemed to accept my help and I got it to spit her card out.

On Poetry: People could like daffodils if they wanted to, but should not be allowed
to take up more than a page to say so. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC