internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Another Bank FUBAR (was: ATM blue-screened

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Gregory Woodbury <ggw AT wolves.durham.nc.us>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Another Bank FUBAR (was: ATM blue-screened
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:01:57 -0400 (EDT)

"It was written once upon a time (by Michael Winslow Czeiszperger):"

> The problem was the cryptic InternetExplorer dialog had the poor woman
> so flustered she couldn't do anything. Debug? YES? NO? YES? NO?, wait,
> maybe its YES? or maybe NO?
>
> The keypad still worked, and hitting the cancel button stopped the
> beeping and eventually led to her card being ejected.
>
> From now on I'm taking my digital camera on all ATM trips.

This evening at the CCB at the MLK Blvd Harris Teeter, one of the
overhead monitors was displaying the Scandisk Fix/whatever/... dialogue
(as the result of a power failure apparently) and the two bankers
couldn't fix it.

It seems that the computer running the display is in the back room, and
has no local screen to allow the operator at the box see the screen.
They have to get two or more people involved in reading the screen and
relaying instructions.

Who in heck designed that setup?

--
Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury `-_-' Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us U