internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Gas Stoves

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Gas Stoves
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 12:35:07 -0400

on Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 01:21:42PM -0400, BigLee Haslup wrote:
> You should remember that buying your first gas stove will forever reduce
> your options. Right now you are looking at both gas and electric but, if
> you buy gas, you will never consider buying an electric stove again. You
> can't go back.

You can, but you'll hate it.

I had a gas stove in my apartment in Syracuse about twelve years ago.
Sure, I only used it to cook "one pot wonders" like the following recipe,
but I still miss it, to this day.

Steve's Starving Undergrad Meal

1 can Campbell's Meatball Alphabet Vegetable Soup
1/2 can rice
1 can water
1 cup frozen peas or mixed vegetables (optional)

Stir in water, rice, soup, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally,
to make sure that the rice loses all its flavor and the starch mixes with
everything else in the pot. Serve hot. Costs about 60 cents.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier