internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] To Buy an Apple or Not to Buy an Apple

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] To Buy an Apple or Not to Buy an Apple
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:49:42 -0400 (EDT)

I totally agree on the RAM. Made a completely different machine out of my
cube. One thing I must stress is getting the RAM from a reputable dealer
with knowledge about macs. I suggest Other World Computing
( http://eshop.macsales.com/ ), both for price and the fact that they test
the RAM to meet Apple spec. Very important when running OSX. I've had
problems with generic PC RAM from Intrex among other places.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com